Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Red, red.

Red, red. You are my first.
Overloaded and wide-eyed, I contemplate what others will think.
I contemplate what I think...


Yes, that's right, I've never had a virtual diary before. I'm a virgin blogger.
My only living diary is a list of people I've pursued in one form of another. Which I predict I will probably post on here? I expect the stories would get some laughs (or cries).

This is much like losing your actual (vaginal) virginity.
You think about it entirely too much. Arousing at first, disappointing in the end. Most likely you regret it. And it only matters to you.
And (like any sexual relationship) as time goes on you become less interested and stop doing it as often. Eventually, you find something new.

Why am I losing my blogger virginity now?
1.) Everyone's doing it (I'm not usually a sucker for peer pressure, but there is some allure to having your life spread eagle on the internet, vulnerability is sexy.)
2.) Perhaps aiming for some sort of self therapy (this, does not mean therapy in the traditional sense, more like an organization of one's thoughts)
3.) I'm closing to a turning point in my life (I'm going to graduate from college soon...with a bullshit degree in hand... and no immediate plans for grad school.)

I don't know about you, but I'm done mulling over my loss of innocence and whoring myself out to the hungry virtual world of blogging. I shall (like most newly popped cherries) go cower in the corner, fetal position and all, thinking "WHAT HAVE I DONE!"

1 comment:

The Angry Medic said...

Popping your cherry eh? Well welcome to the blogosphere. It can be tough shit too (no, not literally. I'm not ENTIRELY a plagiarist, you know) ;) Here's hoping you keep writing!

P.S. thanks for the comment. Lemme guess, you're Republican? :)